Guelph Youth Singers is an organization that relies on parent volunteers to help with many activities. There is the ongoing volunteering such as chaperoning/ performance assistants for concerts/events and weekly rehearsal assistants. We also have a large need for volunteers to do one-off projects and ad hoc committees. We would ask each parent to volunteer for at least two one-off projects/ad hoc committees throughout the year in addition to the regular needs at rehearsals and concerts.
General areas of help needed:
Volunteer Administration Assistant (1 per Choir)
- Assisting the administrator to compile lists of volunteers for each event
- Be the designated caller for your choir if there are cancellations or schedule changes
- Help the administrator with organizing documents and information
- Help the administrator to phone volunteer references as required for volunteers
Fundraiser volunteer (different parents for different events/activities – many parents needed)
- Volunteer for a particular fundraising event. Prior events/activities include wine fridge raffle, cookie walk fundraiser, poinsettia sales, canteen at concerts, 50/50 sales, Mother’s Day basket sales, Fundscrip, QSP magazine sales, concert carnation sales, online auction, one-off events such as Bookshelf movie night fundraiser, Fall Gala etc. We are always looking for new ideas so if you have an idea or one particular area of interest please let us know.
Technical Support volunteer
- Help administrator with technical support for computers, office networks, social media and the GYS website
Grant writing volunteer
- Assist in the writing of grant or foundation applications
- Assist in the work of a touring working group (future planning)